Monday, February 1, 2010

online meetings

How about one more kick at this cat (not a real cat because that would be cruel)?

In an effort to try and accommodate people's busy lives, travel restricitons (Dale, Greg, Pat), and the current difficulties in finding a meeting space I propose that we try the online meetings again. Here is one way that this could work:
  1. We alternate between in-person and online meetings
  2. Online meetings for 2010 are February, April, June, August, October, December
  3. In-person meetings for 2010 are March, May, July, September, November
  4. For each online meeting I will post a list of agenda items, each agenda item will then get its own post
  5. Committee members can then comment on each post as a form of discussion
  6. After a set time (say, 3 weeks) the comments will be closed and I will summarize what has been said, and if warranted, asking for a vote on some items in order to make a decision
  7. If the online forum does not work, we can carry the item to the in-person meeting
In-person meeting will continue as they have in the past. One thing we need to decide is the preferred day to hold the in-person meeting. We've tried Mondays and Tuesdays, what is your preference.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

halATshawDOTca

5 comments:

  1. i am fine with this, with one suggestion, that we reduce it to 1 or 2 weeks to respond. 3 weeks is just going to drag out, some will forget etc.

    mondays for meetings for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 to 2 weeks makes sense to me. Let's see what others say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good with this and agree with the comments on a shorter response time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me.
    I like the idea of shorter response times.
    Most nights work for me as long as I know soon enough to block out the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's try it. Mondays are best for me.

    ReplyDelete